Fundable items and activities include:
Trash, Recycling and Organics Operations
- Trash, recycling and food waste bins and sorting stations.
- Totes, carts, cart tippers, and other containers to transport waste to containers serviced by hauler.
- Containers and equipment to specialty materials for reuse or recycling.
- Food waste management systems for storage, managing odor and space concerns.
- Compactors and balers,
- Construction upgrades to loading docks, trash chutes and waste enclosures to accommodate improved recycling or food waste collection.
Food Donation/Waste Reduction
- Up to 6-months or $5,000 (whichever is less) supply of compostable ware. Business must have an organics pickup service on site.
- Reusable food service ware if converting from disposables.
- Reusable containers and equipment to transport donated food.
- Dishwashers and installation costs if converting from disposable dishware to reusable.
- One bottle refilling station and installation costs per grant application.
- Equipment and supplies that move businesses from disposal to reusable options.
- Shelving/cabinets to store reusable items.
- Up to $750 towards the replacement or repair of equipment and appliances that promote reuse, where without disposal items would be used.
- Up to 3 months or $2500 of subscription costs, whichever is less, to manage inventory/usage/donations of food and disposal items to reduce waste
- One-time bulky items hauling and disposal fees.
Education and Engagement
- Production and printing of custom signage, labels, and education materials.
- Production & printing of employee recycling training manuals.
- Books & toys for school classrooms and daycare centers.
- Staff recycling training (one hour wage per employee).
- One security camera per indoor or outdoor waste collection area.